Friday, December 30, 2016

Ice Dye Day

I've waited a long time for a decent cool day to Ice Dye some fabric. Previously, when I attempted to do this the ice was melting before I got the dye on it. Today it is a marvelous 64 degrees.

I'll keep adding the progress...

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Monday, December 5, 2016

Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

See AMERICA...eyeglass case

This is another version of the Sweeheart Eyeglass Case made with upcycled denim jeans, plaid shorts, remnant leather and of course the metal frame with the kiss snap closure. The case was attached to the metal frame with the use of Beacon's Quick Grip glue and then sewn in with clear thread.
The back, like the front was created with denim pieced from different places of the jeans. A heart was cut from remnant leather and glued on to the pocket.
A thin bead of this glue placed in the metal frame channel allows you to hold the fabric till you sew the case into the frame. Don't want to sew? Use more glue.
I got the embroidered "AMERICA" from inside the waistband of a pair of jeans "American Eagle". I cut it out and pieced it with denim.
I cut two stars from a pair of plaid shorts. I placed them one on top of the other and stitched close to the edge and frayed the edges.
The small pocket was taken from the inside of one of the front pockets.
This is how the case looks before it is placed into the frame.

 The lining was layered with batting and a message was quilted into the lining.
Hand cut leather strips were wire wrapped to create a fringe tassel.
This is the 10 inch metal frame with kiss closure.

Make it now!
Coming Soon....kits!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Vintage Lilly Pulitzer Pink Shell Tie

                                         Lilly Pulitzer made a collection of menswear with a label "Men's Stuff", Palm Beach. The fabrics are gorgeous and have held up over time.

I just love this hot pink shell pattern. This tie might be from the 60's and 70's. Living in Florida makes it easier to occasionally find these Lilly vintage items. I have a Lilly board on Pinterest.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Spend some time relaxing and sewing some running stitches with a lovely, chunky thread.

The only thing I don't like about Pinterest is that sometimes it's difficult to find the Artist's name to give them cred for the awesome handwork. Wish I had time to just sit and sew some running stitches. I used to travel and have hours and hours to do something like this but I always fell asleep waiting for the plane and sleeping on the plane.  Now it's great to just live vicariously through someone else's talent and enjoy the photos.

Debra Dorgan....Designer at Etsy

Just in case you aren't spending ten hours a day at Pinterest yet...I thought I'd start posting some incredible designs from these artists....


This designer's name is Debra Dorgan and click on her name to see her Etsy store. Very talented.