Monday, December 7, 2009

Jury Duty....book 'em Danno....

Well you have to be pretty old and have watched Hawaii Five-0 to recognize that phrase. I just came home for a lunch break. I've been down at the courthouse since 7:30 am to make sure I got a parking space. They said all jurors numbered 1 through 350 had to come in. There weren't 350 people there so they must skip some numbers. My number was in the high 200's so I had to go. They picked three groups for cases and then I guess the plea deal did not go through so there was a fourth...and my name was called. Marsha Ewing is the Clerk for the Circuit Court of Martin County and she has a great sense of humor. I'm going back now and if I am picked to stay I can't tell you anymore than it's a Criminal case and we are lucky to have Judge Levins. Our town is so small and our newpaper must be all of twelve pages...who knew we had four criminals? Talk to you later...but NOT about this.

I'm back. I didn't get selected for the jury...thank goodness. The case was very sad. I'm worried about the youth of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment