Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stephanie Kimura attends Spring Market 2010 in Minneapolis



It was an adventure getting to the Spring Market (wholesale tradeshow for the quilting and sewing industry). I drove up from Florida and between Chattanooga and Nashville there was a 25 foot sinkhole. Luckily, it was in the southbound traffic and I was heading north. Whew! Have to remember to find another way home.
I had a minimalist booth since I had to fit everything in a Corolla. Took my trunk show and went with a "pink" color scheme. Good thing because my neighbors were in the same mood. The photo on the left shows my samples of my pattern (Bamboo Goddess Hip Bag), the Orihon, and behind it all is my Flash Vest. I displayed my Corset that was featured in Belle Armoire (photo on right).

I saw a lot of old friends from the Biz and the usual attendees. Kaye Wood was her usual jovial self and her office manager, Kathleen, was there. I forgot to ask her about baby pictures!
June Colburn was there with all her finery. After the show she was heading for Asheville, NC. She was invited to a wedding at the Biltmore and was looking forward to that.
It was great to see Jeanine Twigg and her awesome booth. Why don't I have a photo of that?!? She looked great and ready to roll with all her products.
Expo International always has great stuff and I placed my order.
Cleo's Designs was across from me at the show. Not only are her patterns great but Cleo and Don are so much fun. Not only will you want her patterns but you'll want them over for dinner......
"Possibilities" aka Great American Quilt Factory was the booth next to me. What great original quilts! Ashley manned the booth and is really a lot of fun. Mark Lipinski (who has his own Quilting magazine) came by and taped an interview with the owners. He's CRAZY!
If you ever have to go to that area near the Mall of America...stay at the Comfort Suites. The Outback Steakhouse was connected to the lobby which makes it convenient for Happy Hour and dinner. The price was a fraction of the Courtyard Marriott next door and the rooms were comparable...nice. BTW, for breakfast they offer Belgian Waffles...you can always win me over with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment