Thursday, August 29, 2013

Embellished Corset created for Belle Armoire magazine


I really enjoyed making this corset with my favorite leftover quilt fabrics from one of my many stashes. If you sew....you understand. I just wanted to make it quick and easy but it never winds up that way. So, I pieced the fabrics and added texture with 30 wt. rayon threads. Didn't like one of the colors so I over painted it with a light wash. Still not happy....I added bugle beads. Created the corset and it looked plain so I added some tulle at the bottom. It looked too "pokey" so I cut it into fringes.....whoaaa.....that tulle took on a life of its own.....it frizzed. Everyone loved the texture so I named it the "frizzy technique".....it'll probably never happen again. Then covered the top of the tulle with vintage lace. The piece de resistance is the feather corsage. I just don't understand why everyone is so shocked....doesn't everyone go over the top?

This is the photo from Belle Armoire magazine. I'll look for the "back" view where it laces up. It was 2 a.m. and back then we didn't have a 24 hour Walmart. I looked in my (one of many) junk drawers and found some nice shiny metal washers. I had enough so I used them with cording to lace up the back. Once again everyone thought that was ingenious....heh, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment