Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Leslie Peacock...3rd Place WINNER in the Mid Atlantic Quilt & Wearable Art Show 2011

This jacket is named the "Jacobean Garden" and created by Leslie Peacock in Arizona and her email is carousel01@earthlink.net if you have any questions or wish to buy her jacket pattern. This is a quote from her:

 “Jacobean Garden” began with the floral batik fabric and was the challenge fabric for the 2010 Innovations Quilt Show.  The floral fabric reminded me of some Jacobean designs I had purchased through Embroidery Library and soothe jacket design was born.   I love to embroider designs on my garments and I combined various designs and decorative stitches to create the designs on this garment. I used quilting techniques including Seminole piecing to complete the design.  Decorative stitching was used for the “quilting” and the batting is Hobbs Silk Batting. The pattern is from my “I’m Wearing My Quilt” Pattern Collection, #1007.  I used Hemingworth embroidery thread for the embroidery designs as well as the decorative stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment